Friday, March 22, 2013

from wherever (3)







September 20, 1992




The Contemporary Museum
Mr. Karl Ambonvoid, curator
1610 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21229

Mr. Ambonvoid,

I’m delighted to know that St. Stanislaus will be available for the exhibition. Could you send me the dimensions of the space, including any walls that are available? Also, I’d like the exact address so that when I visit Baltimore next week I will be able to spend some time in the space.

Your observation about the morality of identity in my work was very perceptive; to clarify might ruin your exquisitely balanced writing. I could only add that the fluid, but essentially mechanistic (Sadistic?) nature of identity (something that Foucault suggests in his varied histories of sexuality) still seems to emanate from an outside. An outside that slips through the structures that attempt to give it boundaries.

Thank you for including the Valery in your last letter. I hope that you find my reply satisfactory. Words begetting words; lovers of discourse…


Sincerely,




Mona Nyous

No comments: